Devizes Bowls Club are looking for the services of a Self-employed grounds person.
Our two greens are mowed three times per week, normally on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings during the Bowls season. However, this sequence could be adjusted. In the closed season (October to March) they are mowed, scarified and tined as required. The work is subject to weather conditions and the amount of work to be completed, therefore there will be flexibility in the daily hours.
Experience: Should have experience of groundwork such as mowing and maintaining grassed areas. References/testimonials will be required of working in a similar environment.
Payment: This will be on an hourly basis. Time sheet/invoice to be submitted and paid monthly.
Description of work
Using the Club’s equipment and in conjunction with, and as requested by, the Greenkeeper and the Club’s consultant Greenkeeper carry out the work as described below.
- Prepare and Mow the greens three times a week in the Bowls season. In the closed season mow the greens once a week, if required and depending on the weather conditions.
- Scarify the greens as and when required.
- Tyne the greens as and when required.
- Apply a variety of sprays (including herbicides and fungicides) as and when required. To carry out some of this work a suitable certificate of competence is required. This item is open for discussion.
- Using mechanical spreaders apply fertilizers and top dressing as and when required.
- Cut/trim some internal hedges.
- Carry out daily maintenance of the equipment used for the above work (clean down and grease when necessary).